Accuphase’s ground-breaking AAVA (Accuphase Analog Vari-gain Amplifier) volume control, first introduced in the model C-2800, has been continually further refined and improved. AAVA operates fully in the analog domain, but it eliminates all potentiometers from the signal path. This has a number of advantages, such as (1) outstanding S/N ratio, (2) extremely low distortion, (3) virtually no change in frequency response and sound quality at any listening level, (4) minimal left/right level differences (tracking errors), and (5) minimal left/right crosstalk. The result is a volume control that far surpasses conventional concepts.
A range of sophisticated option boards opens up even more possibilities. The newly developed Digital Input Board DAC-40 features a USB port and support for high-bit, high-sampling frequency signals up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
The newly developed Analog Disc Input Board AD-30 is also available, ideal for high-grade reproduction of analog records using either MC or MM phono cartridges.
- AAVA volume control for high performance and outstanding sound
- Separate power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with individual left/right amplifier units on motherboard
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Tone controls designed for optimum sound quality
- Option board slots provide additional versatility for digital input handling or analog record playback